Our users are majorly from Sweden – in recognition of this, we endeavor to process all data in accordance with principles of European accepted best practice and compliance regulations. We regularly review our compliance with this policy and whenever we receive a formal complaint, we will contact the person who made the complaint to attempt to resolve his or her concerns.
Please note that by using our websites (as a user browsing the websites), you are consenting to our collection and use of your information as more fully set out in this policy. If you have any concerns about the use of your information or the contents of this policy, please feel free to contact us.
Notice at Collection
The CCPA requires businesses to give consumers certain information in a “notice at collection”, listing the categories of personal information businesses collect about consumers, and the purposes for which this information is used.
The remainder of this page outlines the types of information that Tanriks collects about our website users and clients, and how this information is used.
We distinguish in this policy between ‘personal data (data that is required to facilitate Tankriks work in user management which leads to the provision of good service for the benefit of our council and society), and ‘non-personal data’ (data regarding usage of the websites, and de-identified information extracted from the websites for analysis). We collect both personal and non-personal data through our websites and through third parties, either automatically, or by your providing this information to us during enquiring, signing up for our newsletter, or during the consultation phase to help us improve the info we will be providing you with.
1. Personal Data:
1.1 We collect and store the personal information that you may provide to us through our websites when you subscribe with us to become a member, update or change your information with us, or make use of our services.
1.2 We also collect and store information in relation to your user profile, and particulars of those communicating with you, for example through communications, surveys, and other data submitted by you.
2. Non-personal Data:
2.1 In addition to personal data, we also store non-personal data, which cannot be used to identify our users. The kinds of non-personal data that we collect include de-identified data about the usage of our websites.
How We Share Information
We use a number of external parties to assist us in processing personal data for the above purposes, and they may hold this personal data on their own servers for these purposes. However, Tankriks will NOT sell or share any personal data of our members without your concern and fully awareness
- Service Providers. In connection with the operation and provision of our service, we engage various third parties to provide services or handle transactions on our behalfs, such as payment card processing, email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content performance measurement, ad serving, and managing sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events. These service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
- Advertisers, Advertising- and Marketing-Related Service Providers and Partners. No personal data or information is provided to a third party for advertisements
- Content Measurement Companies. We and third parties seek to measure the performance of our content. To achieve this we may include third-party measurement software in our services to enable market research or to measure digital and video content consumption.
- Social Media Platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the Digital Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms, the relevant Social Media Platforms may collect information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the Social Media Platforms that you engage with as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of code that is installed in your web browser by a website that you visit. They help the website to remember information about your visit and assist to make the website, and advertisements that you encounter while browsing, more relevant to you. We’ve provided some further detail on cookies below to try and clarify how and why we use them.
1. Technical cookies and cookies serving aggregated statistical purposes:
2. How can I manage the installation of cookies?
2.1 You can manage preferences for Cookies directly from within your own browser and prevent websites from installing them. Through your browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past. It is important to note that by disabling all Cookies, the functioning of the websites may be compromised. You can find information about how to manage cookies in your browser using the following links: Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2.3 If you would like to go deeper into behavioral advertising and cookies, we find the website at Your Online Choices to be a helpful information source (particularly for users residing in the European Union). This service advises you on how to select your tracking preferences for most advertising tools.
Use of Non-Personal Data
We use your non-personal data for purposes like product improvement, internal reporting, analytics, performing statistical analyses of collective behavior of our users, measuring demographics and interests, and for other legitimate organization purposes. We will take all reasonable steps to properly de-identify all information that is stored and analyzed as non-personal data. This non-personal data may also be shared with the current and future partners and service providers (since there is no prejudice to our users from the disclosure of this non-personal information).
Use of Personal Data
Except as set out in this policy or specifically agreed by you, we won’t disclose your personal data that we receive through the websites. In general, we will always aim to de-identify the information that we store (as non-personal information), but some information will need to still be attached to your name or email address (as personal information), for reasons listed below, and with the aim of ease the work of Tanriks in order to provide good service to our members.
The ways in which (and the purposes for which) we use personal data are described in further detail below:
- Verifying identity.
- Contacting you for the purpose of:
- Organized Events,
- General Election
- Keep you updated with organizational projects
- other legitimate organization purposes and all communications with you for these purposes will be kept on record.
- For analytics purposes (and product improvement more generally), including:
- analyzing client characteristics, demographics, activities, and behaviors on our websites and applications allows us to continually improve the design of our website,
- providing analytical information to all relevant personnel who are involved in assisting and supporting members’ subscriptions, to enable them to optimize the member’s experience, or
- other legitimate organizational purposes.
- recording, tracking, and analyzing activities on the websites.
- researching, developing, and improving, as well as training.
- For disclosure:
- to government authorities in response to court orders, subpoena/summons or other legal processes, to establish or exercise a legal right, defend a claim, or as otherwise required by law;
- to investigate, prevent or take action in relation to any suspected illegal activities, or to protect our own rights and the rights of our service providers;
- to acquirers, assignees, or other successor entities in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of our equity, business, or assets.
- For any other purpose:
- for which we receive your consent,
- that is in the public interest, or
- within the bounds of the laws of Sweden
To learn more, please contact us
If you would like to inspect and review your records, you may submit a request through our contact page. Requests for access will receive a response within 45 days, although certain records may be excluded from records made available for inspection (within the bounds of the law and our confidentiality undertakings with third parties). You may also request amendment of records that you believe are inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of your rights.
Your personal data may be used for legal purposes as reasonably determined by us, in court, or in the stages leading to possible legal action. You also acknowledge that we may be required to reveal your personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about Personal Data
In addition to the information contained in this policy, we may provide you with additional and contextual information concerning particular services or the collection and processing of personal data on request.
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, our websites and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with the websites (System Logs) or use for this purpose other personal data (such as IP Address).
The rights of Users
You have a right to know what personal data is being stored, and processed, as well as the categories of recipients with whom it may be shared. You may contact us to learn about the contents and origin of this personal data, to verify its accuracy or to ask for this data to be supplemented, canceled, updated, or corrected, or for their transformation into an anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons.
Our websites do not currently support “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) requests. DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third-party ad networks, social networks, and analytic companies. To determine whether any of the third-party services linked on our Website honor DNT requests, please read their privacy policies.
Changes to this Policy
We review our privacy practices from time to time and reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time by giving notice through a website feature or by emailing you. We recommend that you check the contents of the policy whenever you have any new questions about privacy and our use of data, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom of the policy.
If you object to any changes to the policy, you must cease using the websites and can request that we delete your personal data. Unless stated otherwise, the then-current Policy applies to all data that we maintain.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under the European general data protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), on the subject of cookies.
Date of last amendment: 20 December 2021